Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) or Laser light has been shown in over fifty years of independent research worldwide, to deliver powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissues and organisms.
Both visible red and ‘invisible’ infrared light affect at least 24 positive changes at the cellular level. Violet light affects the energetic structures in and around the body, such as the aura, meridians and acupuncture points.
Light Therapy causes different biological effects at different levels because different wavelengths are absorbed by specific tissues. Infrared waves are absorbed by the bone and cartilage, red wavelengths by the soft tissues and violet by the aura.
Cold laser treatment is very safe and non-intrusive. These types of lasers do not generate any heat. Heat would only make swelling and inflammation worse. Cold laser treatment bypasses that problem.
The laser is directly focused on the injury or tissues that need healing. There are no risks of side effects like with drugs. The light stimulates the cell’s fuel which allows the cells to help repair tissues more quickly.
What is interesting is that cells that have been damaged or comprised seem to respond more readily to light energy. The more the cells are damaged or compromised, the more they respond to the laser energy.
The damaged or comprised cells are restored to their normal function and the healing process is speeded up. The healthy cells are pretty much left alone. The end result is your tissues begin to be regenerated.
- Increases circulation, blood flow and range of motion
- Promotes cell regeneration
- Speeds up healing processes
- Relieves nerve pain
- Supports elimination of toxins: heavy metals, free radicals, chemicals, etc.
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates collagen creating anti-aging effect
- Increases lymphatic activity/drainage
- Reduces pain, inflammation, and swelling
- Stress reduction, balancing and calming
- Improves relaxation and sleep
- Stimulates release of ATP (a form of energy that cells utilize for regeneration)
- Stimulates endorphin and serotonin levels
- Some diabetic patients experience increase in sensation and circulation.